If you are considering deleting your Instagram account, read this article before doing so. It includes detailed instructions on how to delete your account permanently in both iOS and Android.
If you want to delete your Instagram account permanently, then there are a few steps that you need to take. The first step is to go into the settings on your phone and select “deactivate my account.” This will delete all of your data from Instagram. However, this will not delete your username. To do this, you must contact Instagram support. Read more in detail here: delete your account.
With over 1 billion members globally, Instagram is clearly one of the most popular social media platforms. On this platform, it’s convenient to stay in touch with friends and family and learn about what’s going on in their life. However, we get acclimated to this platform over time and inadvertently spend a significant amount of time browsing and viewing reels, videos, and images.
In other words, we waste time that might be put to better use if we invested it in anything else. And there will come a day when we will consider unplugging from this social media site.
People are increasingly opting to delete the Instagram app from their cellphones in order to live a life free of online culture. This may seem to be a difficult step, but if you are really ready to break free of your account and reclaim some of your time, it is simple to do. Let’s take a look at how to permanently erase your Instagram account.
Save your Instagram information.
We suggest that you save all of your data using the Instagram app before proceeding. Because if you cancel your Instagram account permanently, Instagram will also destroy all of your data associated with it. You can’t get it back, and there’s no way to undo it. You must follow the procedures outlined below to preserve your account data: –
- Go to the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the Instagram app.
- After that, hit the profile symbol and then the three vertical lines. You’ll discover the setting choice if you go a little lower. Select that item from the drop-down menu.
- Now go to the security option and choose it.
- The “Download Data” option will be available in a new menu item.
- It will request your email address, from which you will get a link to retrieve data related to your account.
Instagram will send an email to the email address you supplied within 48 hours containing an entire copy of your profile, including your photographs, comments, profile information, and anything else you may need access to in the future.
Even if you don’t believe you’ll ever need this information again, it’s a good idea to make sure it’s secure in case you do. If you don’t, you’ll lose all of your data and will never be able to recover it, no matter how hard you try.
How Do I Permanently Delete My Instagram Account?
So, you’ve managed to preserve your priceless information. You may now proceed to the following phases of the procedure. You have two choices here: you may remove your account completely or you can delete it temporarily.
Note: You may erase your Instagram account completely, but only using a browser, which can be your mobile browser or a desktop browser.
To deactivate your Instagram account, go through the following steps: –
- To delete your account, go to this unique “Delete Your Account” page in your browser (make sure you’re signed in first.)
- You must now choose the cause for deletion. You may choose from a variety of alternatives in the drop-down menu.
- You must choose the delete option.
That’s it; your account, along with all of your information linked with it, has now been erased.
How can I disable my Instagram account for a while?
As previously stated, you have the option of deactivating your Instagram account. This is handy if you’re going to take a vacation from this social media site for a while and will return later.
To temporarily deactivate Instagram, go through the following steps: –
- From your browser, go to Instagram.com (you cannot do this from the app.)
- If you’re prompted, log in.
- In the top right-hand corner, click or press the profile symbol.
- Select Edit Profile from the drop-down menu after clicking or tapping Profile.
- Scroll to the bottom and press To the right of the Submit button, temporarily deactivate my account.
- You’ll be questioned on why you’re doing this. From the drop-down menu, choose an option.
- Re-enter your password for your account.
- “Temporarily Disable Account” just a button or a touch away.
Note: You may only use this option once every week, according to Instagram’s restrictions.
How long does it take Instagram to deactivate your account?
Your Instagram account will be deactivated instantly if you opt to remove it. Unlike Facebook, where your account is queued for deletion, Instagram does not do so.
The answer is a bit less clear if you’re asking how long it takes Instagram to deactivate dormant accounts or accounts that have been reported for spam/botting. Instagram deletes entirely dormant accounts and accounts that are proven to be hacked via their system on a regular basis, but no one knows how frequently this occurs or what the criteria are for deletion.
Having Issues Logging In
Many Instagram users are unable to log into their accounts in certain situations. They will find it tough to remove their account. Unfortunately, without initially checking in, there is no way to deactivate or disable an account. You also can’t expect Instagram to do it for you. Follow these steps to recover your password if you can’t remember or discover it, or if it was changed by someone else.
- Open the Instagram application.
- Tap Under the Login button, you may get assistance with login in.
- Choose one of the following options if you have an Android device: ‘Use username, email, or phone,’ or ‘Log in with Facebook.’
- Choose one of the following apps if you’re using iOS: Username or telephone number
- After you’ve made your choice, follow the directions.
Depending on how thoroughly the hacker has tampered with your recovery information, you may not be able to employ one or all of these options if you believe you have been hacked.
- To begin, open the app.
- Tap Under the login boxes, you may get assistance with logging in.
- Choose the option where you may input your login.
- Tap Do you need further assistance?
You may contact Instagram by following the guidelines from here. They’ll inquire about the account’s history, including past passwords, recovery information, and so on.
Is it possible to reclaim my account once it has been deleted?
No, there isn’t an official way to retrieve your account back after you’ve deleted it permanently, but many users swear by a remedy that we’ll explore below in case you find yourself in that circumstance.
Basically, you need to declare your Instagram account as hacked, exactly as we did above:
- To begin, key in your username or email address and choose the ‘Get assistance signing in’ option on Instagram.
- Select the ‘Trouble logging in’ option from here.
- To continue, follow the instructions, such as choosing the kind of account you want to restore and selecting the ‘My Account Was Hacked’ option.
- Select ‘Hear More About Your Experience’ from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the form and you’ll get an email from Instagram within a few hours. For this to function, you’ll need to give some kind of proof, such as the photographs you posted to that account, your username, email address, and/or a verification code.
You may finally give yourself some personal time back by canceling or temporarily deactivating your Instagram account. You may also put your leisure time to good use by doing something useful. Also, if you’re going on a break for a time, it’s a good idea to temporarily deactivate your account, but otherwise, delete it to safeguard your account and your privacy.
That’s all for now, guys. If you have any questions or comments on deleting an Instagram account, please leave them in the comments section below.
If you want to delete your Instagram account, there are a few different methods. The most common is to use the Instagram app on your iPhone. The other method is to log into your account and go to “Settings” then “Account Settings”. From there, tap on “Deactivate Account”, and follow the prompts. Reference: how to delete instagram account on iphone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I delete my Instagram account permanently forever?
A: This is a complicated process that will require a lot of effort on your end, and it could easily backfire. Its best to go through the Instagram settings themselves to delete your account.
How do I delete my Instagram account permanently from my phone?
A: This is quite difficult to do, as Instagram offers deactivation of accounts for a certain period. However there are tools at the disposal that you can use should you be able to hack into your account and delete it yourself or if someone has hacked into yours without your knowledge.
How do I delete my Instagram account 2020?
A: To delete your Instagram account, log into the app and click on Settings at the bottom. Then select Account Settings. Next click on Deactivate Account, then confirm deactivation of your account by clicking on “I agree to these terms”. You will now be able to access all of your photos but not be able to post or comment anymore.
- how to delete instagram account on android
- delete your account page
- delete instagram account link
- how to delete instagram account on phone
- how to delete instagram account temporarily